The first settler in Rozetta Township, known as Greenville Precinct in earlier times, was Captain William Beaty and his family who came from Virginia and settled here in May of 1830. During the Black Hawk War which began in 1831, Mr. Beaty moved his family to Pence's Fort on the nearby Henderson River, and remained there until the close of the war. There are no longer any villages in Rozetta Township. Instead, it is made up of fertile farm land and forested areas prized for hunting.
The only church remaining in Rozetta Township is the Rozetta Baptist Church which was founded in 1837. Former churches that are now closed are: Reed Methodist, Smith Creek Christian, Episcopal, Cumberland Presbyterian, Fall Creek Methodist and Smith Creek United Presbyterian. Mary Heddin Mills who was a nurse in the Revolutionary War is buried in the Stockton Family Cemetery. Rozetta Township is now part of West Central School District #235. Former one room schools that are now closed are: Liberty, Hazel Dell, Science Hill, Aurora, Maple Grove, Cedar Oak, and Cedar Ridge.